Security Update: kernel, php, mcabber
Just hours after i published MATE and Cinnamon packages for current and said that current is a moving target, Patrick released security updates for stable and current plus some library updates in current. The changes includes:
- kernels: Upgraded to 4.4.38 for Slackware 14.2 and current
- mcabber: Upgraded to 1.0.4 in Slackware 14.0 and newer. This requires updated loudmouth 1.5.3.
- php: Upgraded to 5.6.29 in Slackware 14.0 and newer
Interesting fact: this is the third time Slackware 14.2 receive a kernel bump. In the previous stable releases, we rarely see a kernel being upgraded more than once. In Slackware 14.1 there's one kernel bump to 3.10.103, and we have two bumps (3.2.45 and 3.2.83) for Slackware 14.0.
More packages coming in current:
- coreutils: Upgraded to 8.26
- grep: Upgraded to2.27
- kernel-firmware: Upgraded to 20161211
- nano: Upgraded to 2.7.2
- gsl: Upgraded to 2.3