The changes are now pushed to master and 14.2 branch, which is different a little bit due to commits ordering due to addition of mint-y-* , but it will give the same output in general. 3.2-prep is now removed as well and the binary packages for x86 and x86_64 are now uploaded to http://slackware.uk/csb/14.2/ (Big thanks to Darren Austin for providing this service).
There are several new packages and one removal:
- autoconf-archive: Added
- cracklib: Added
- mint-y-icons: Added
- mint-y-theme: Added
- pam_unix2: Removed
- xapps: Added
It's always recommended to use upgradepkg --reinstall --install-new to install/upgrade all the packages since they are all built/rebuilt from scratch on a clean Slackware 14.2 VM. This will also avoid missing new packages added in 3.2 cycle.
- QT 5.7+ support
- iio-sensor-proxy rotation plugin
- Fix cursor-size changes being ignored
- Support for libinput touchpads as well as synaptics
- Improvements to unredirect heuristic and borders/maximization
- Cross-fade effect on background changes
- Fixed special cases which could lead to cinnamon crashes
- EXIF rotation and fixes in nemo-preview
- More sizes in image converter
- Complete rewrite
- Much faster, responsive
- More customizable
- Support for media keys, media art and and media controls
- Support to show the number of notifications and battery status
- Fixed new network connections secrets
- New keyboard layout options
- Vertical panels
- Removal of box pointers
- Ability to peek at desktop
- Ability to upload system information
- Ability to play a sound effect when showing notifications
- Revamped the xlet settings
- Xlet settings now open in their own window/process, match new style of cinnamon settings, support pages and sections, are automatically highlighted, use new JSON backend for easier maintenance and simplification of the code
- Support for backendable widgets which were not previously available to the xlet settings api
- New backendable date chooser widget
- Keyboard: can now show flags based on short name of language in keyboard applet and distinguish between two layouts using the same flag or code
- Sound: Add a menu that allows the user to switch between active players
- Menu: Ability to run software with optirun if Bumblebee is installed
- Menu: Improved keyboard navigation and performance
- file-operations: reduce the time for reliable transfer rate
- Expand grid width to canvas
- Trash-monitor: change trash monitoring process
- Fix –geometry option when Nemo is already running
- Option to double-click empty area to go to parent directory
- nemo-file.c: Only append .desktop to desktop files when they actually need it. Trusted desktop files (ones that typically get made and placed on the desktop) don’t show their extension, so when you try to rename them, the new name needs .desktop appended to it.
- nemo-application.c: Look for already-existing desktop windows before attempting to manage the desktop.
- desktop: Don’t rebuild the desktop any time _NET_WORKAREA changes – this can happen fairly frequently in some situations, causing crashes due to the asynchronous nature of nemo’s directory loading back-end.
Bug reports are welcome at github.
Enjoy Cinnamon 3.2 on Slackware 14.2