In current, a LOT of changes are introduced and it might be a little bit controversial, since we introduced PULSEAUDIO (yes, your eyes is correct. It's PULSEAUDIO), but please read AlienBOB's blog post about it. So here's the highlight of the latest batch:
- New kernel 4.4.
- New gtkmm3 stacks (atkmm, cairomm, libsigc++, pangomm, glibmm, gtkmm3)
- New pulseaudio stacks (pulseaudio, speexdsp, libasyncns, json-c, pamixer, pavucontrol, alsa-plugins)
- Some removed packages (apmd, xf86-video-modesettings, xfce4-mixer, xfce4-volumed)
- New package for xf86-video-amdgpu
- Lots of upgraded and rebuilt packages due to new PulseAudio.
For those who are still using legacy NVIDIA GPU drivers, i have bad news. Upstream developers have made a commit which breaks the older NVidia drivers. You need to wait until next driver releases or you can patch the kernels by using this patch.
I still haven't got a patch for VMWare Workstation 11 as well, so for now i'm staying with Linux Kernel 4.1.15.