Security Advisories: ntp, xorg-server, and php
Three security advisories were released for -stable and -current branches of Slackware. They were:
- ntp: Upgraded to 4.2.8 for all -stable and -current branches. This fixed several security vulnerabilities discovered by Neel Mehta and Stephen Roettger of the Google Security Team.
- xorg-server: Rebuilt for Slackware 14.1 and -current to fix many security issues discovered by Ilja van Sprundel, a security researcher with IOActive.
- php: Upgraded to 5.4.36 for Slackware 14.0, 14.1, and -current
- New LTS kernel release: 3.14.27
- vim and vim-gvim are upgraded to 7.4.560
- libusb upgraded to 1.0.19 (this allows USB passthrough for QEMU users)
- libusb-compat upgraded to 0.1.5
- libdrm upgraded to 2.4.58
- libvdpau: Added (originally available via SlackBuilds)
- mesa: Upgraded to 10.3.5
- MPlayer: Rebuilt to add support for libvdpau
- kernel 3.18.1 config files for kernel testers or developers