There are 3 branches right now on GIT:
- master: serves as testing ground for future releases of MATE. Things might be partially broken when building from this branch as not all MATE packages are compatible with previous releases as development cycle is still on going. Currently, this branch will install a mix of MATE 1.6 and 1.7 packages, and some of the older packages are not yet fully compatible with 1.7, so the build might break.
- 14.0-mate-1.6: serves as replacement for 1.6 branch in the past. This is the currently supported branch for Slackware 14.0. Binary packages for Slackware 14.0 are built from this branch. This will soon be obsolete once Slackware 14.1 gets released.
- 14.1-mate-1.6: serves as replacement for current-mate-1.6 branch in th epast. This will be the next supported branch for Slackware 14.1 when it has been finally released.
- git checkout 14.0-mate-1.6 or git checkout 14.1-mate-1.6
- git pull to get the latest changes
- git branch -D 1.6 or git branch -D current-mate-1.6