- A new Conversations View where users can easily track all of their chats in a unified window
- A brand new Call View
- Improvement on Call quality
- Improvement on video call quality and also extended support for more cameras
- improved chat synchronization
- new presence and emoticon icons
- the ability to store and view phone numbers in a Skype contact's profile
- much lower chance Skype for Linux will crash or freeze
- chat history loading is now much faster
- support for two new languages: Czech (flag:cz) and Norwegian (flag:no)
Go get Skype for Linux, but there are no static release anymore on the download page. They only provide packages for several distribution, such as Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSUSE, and Fedora.
Don't worry, as the static and shared binary packages are still available if you know the direct link and thanks to ArchLinux team, we know the URL links now. They are available on here and here (static).
I have a Skype SlackBuild script ready at my SlackHacks repository. I updated the original SlackBuild on SBo project to reflect the changes upstream.
Note: Skype 4 requires libtiff-4.0.x which is now available on my SlackHacks repository. It's an upgraded version from -Current packages which is still at 3.9.6. I have also updated the README to add this note.