Updated GStreamer and gst-plugins-*

I have committed several new SlackBuilds script on my SlackHacks repository and they are a collection of updated SlackBuild script for GStreamer and gst-plugins-{base, good, bad, ugly}. All of them are just updated version from the official SlackBuild script found in the Slackware repository and also SBo project repository.

Actually i needed this packages because after upgrading to Linux Kernel 3.4, amaroK doesn't play MP3 files anymore. I don't know the reason, but i tried to change the Backend settings to VLC, MPlayer, and Xine without luck. I tried to use GStreamer, but it complaint for something (i kinda forgot), so i decided to try upgrading my base GStreamer and also all of the gst-plugins and now i can use the GStreamer Phonon backend on my system and amaroK plays MP3 files nicely again.

On my system, i rebuilt amaroK after upgrading all the GStreamer and gst-plugins packages. I just want to make sure amaroK are linked to the correct libraries.

Popular posts from this blog

NVidia Legacy Unix Driver Update

Python 3.6.0 in SBo 14.2 repository

Running Rsync Via Proxy