13.37 Installation On Workstation

For months, my new workstation at my office was still using Windows 7 (original edition) since i'm kinda lazy to install Slackware-Current and i wanted to install a clean Slackware 13.37 system. I finally had a chance after Slackware 13.37 has been released yesterday.

I grab 2 DVD from my house this morning when i went to office and burned Slackware 13.37 DVD ISO and start installing it and i got my 13.37 system in less than 15 minutes. Everything worked as intended and it's getting easier to configure Slackware, even in text mode. Since i use Intel card, i don't really need to install blob driver, and KDE desktop effects works out-of-the-box, so i'm really happy with it, even though it's not a primary thing for me.

Since i have dropbox account, i can just put my configuration files i used at home in my desktop at home and my workstation will get it automatically and i only need to remotely login to the workstation using SSH and i can start configuring it.

Just now, i have successfully compiled 2.6.38.4 and installed it. I also adjust the configuration files a bit and remove unneeded modules, such as wireless since it's wired-based. I also enable HIGHMEM64 so my 8 GB of RAM were detected successfully.

In short, Slackware 13.37 is getting more suitable for most people, including newbies. You can't miss this release Yahoo

Popular posts from this blog

NVidia Legacy Unix Driver Update

Python 3.6.0 in SBo 14.2 repository

Running Rsync Via Proxy