Slow Write Performance

I'm back from my trip and still no update for -Current tree. I'm suspecting a new kernel will show up in the next batch of update as 2.6.33.1 has been released by Greg few days ago.

Does any of you having a slow write performance when copying or moving files to and from flash disk or portable hard disk to your internal hard disk? I had this problem lately. This has never happened before. I'm not sure when exactly the changes in -Current changes this behaviour, but i'm suspecting a kernel misconfiguration (i used a custom kernel build, so it's not Slackware's fault if it's related to kernel) which is the root cause for this problem.

FYI, this happened in my laptop. I will post the output of hdparm -tT on my laptop tomorrow, but here is the output in my desktop. Can you give your output on the comment section for comparison?
/dev/sda1:
Timing cached reads: 838 MB in 2.00 seconds = 418.52 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 306 MB in 3.01 seconds = 101.54 MB/sec


Update: Here's my output of hdparm -tT in my laptop
/dev/sda1:
Timing cached reads: 2696 MB in 2.00 seconds = 1349.06 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 232 MB in 3.02 seconds = 76.89 MB/sec

Which is very strange. It nearly tripled in the first test, but it's slower in the second test. Does this proves anything to you guys?

Popular posts from this blog

Python 3.6.0 in SBo 14.2 repository

NVidia Legacy Unix Driver Update

Security Update: Thunderbird, Seamonkey, libpng, python, samba