Monday, May 11, 2009

Signature Problem Fixed

For the last few weeks, i had problems with my digital signature. I used FireGPG to add digital signature to every email i sent using Firefox because it is an extension. At first, i thought it was the extension who caused the problem, but i didn't see any update on the extension itself, so i assume it isn't the application (or else people who used the extension would complaint). I had to disabled the signature for a while or else people will think that somebody has masqueraded as me.

Yesterday, a solver has been released under -Current tree. In fact, it's all due to upgraded GnuTLS in -Current which was broken. See the changelog here:
n/gnutls-2.6.6-i486-1.txz: Upgraded to gnutls-2.6.6.
- Corrected double free on signature verification failure.
Reported by Miroslav Kratochvil .
- Noticed when investigating the previous GNUTLS-SA-2009-1 problem.
All DSA keys generated using GnuTLS 2.6.x are corrupt.
After upgrading to this version, my problem is now gone and i can start adding my signatures again on every email message i sent. I'm glad to hear this news love struck