Upgraded to Latest -Current

I finally decided to upgrade my laptop as an experiment to the latest -Current tree which consists of lots of new applications. The first thing i did was upgrading my kernel, which i have done yesterday.

My next step is upgrading the glibc-solibs first. This is the FIRST thing you must upgrade when you wanted to follow the -Current tree. After this upgrade, you can start upgrading the rest and you will be fine (finger crossed) it wasnt me

After upgrading all the necessary packages, i started to merge new configuration files which were scattered in /etc directory, so i just issued this command to find it: find /etc -name "*.new"

There was a bash-4.0.0 package on /testing which replaced 3.2.048. I did try this package for few minutes, but it keeps on crashing and didn't produce the output i wanted. So i finally decided to go back to bash-3.2.048 for now. Lucky me i didn't throw it away laughing

Except for bash-4.0.0, everything was good, mostly for GIMP-2.6.5. The interface changed a lot and it's getting better. Also i saw a slight improvement after i upgraded to kernel 2.6.28.7. I think the kernel developers have fixed some performance problem during the kernel development.

Go enjoy -Current and test it. It's really fun after all thumbs up

Popular posts from this blog

NVidia Legacy Unix Driver Update

Running Rsync Via Proxy

Python 3.6.0 in SBo 14.2 repository