Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Segmentation Fault at Liferea

I tried to fired up Liferea, my favorite RSS reader and it didn't come up. Then i tried to execute it from console and i got a segmentation fault. I think i know the reason why it ended with segfaults. Few days ago i upgraded my wxGTK application and Liferea depends on this application. So when Liferea is opened and it was trying to access the library, it failed, because it may have changed or moved.

The solution is simple: recompile Liferea and it will find the new wxGTK libraries and voila... it will work normal again.

Next time you encountered a segmentation fault, check your history and make sure that every packages that depends on the library you just upgraded is recompiled to make sure it won't caused you segmentation fault like i just had.