NVidia Driver 169.12 Released
Yesterday, NVidia released a new driver for their latest product, 169.12. This driver fixes several problem occurred in previous version. Here's some highlight on the latest release:
- Improved power management support with GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Further improved stability on some GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that broke certain TwinView configurations with TV-OUT on GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause OpenGL to crash in certain cases, e.g. when running Counter-Strike under Wine.
- Further improved GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap out-of-memory handling.
- Fixed a bug that could result in incorrect PowerMizer state being reported.
- Improved nvidia-xconfig behavior when updating X configuration files without a "Module" section.
- Worked around a problem that caused function key presses on some Toshiba notebooks to result in system crashes.