Friday, January 25, 2008

Start Upgrading

Now i have three machine that uses Slackware and since 2.6.24 has been released, it's time to upgrade all of them. So far, i have successfully upgraded one machine and one is on the way (it's probably finished by now, but i will find it soon after i came back home). The first computer is my computer at work. Since i can work remotely, i connect to it via SSH and do kernel compilation. So when i arrived at office, all i need is reboot the system and test it. So far no big problem appears.

I will let it have two kernels, since 2.6.24 has big changes, mostly due to unification of two architecture. After it has been proven stable for few days, i will delete the old kernel to put some space on my disk.

I think Pat will also upgrade to 2.6.24 soon enough after finishing his TODO list

Here's my uname -a results:
Linux dosen 2.6.24 #1 Fri Jan 25 07:20:22 WIT 2008 i686 Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux