Upgraded to 2.6.23.8

I just came back from Kedai Kopi in Kaliurang st. where i must accompany my girlfriend for her business meeting. Since i came back from lecturing, i brought my laptop with me. I took the time when they were start talking to upgrade my Slackware system to the latest -Current, including the kernel. At the beginning, my girlfriend was confused about the display of my laptop, since i didn't boot to X Window. I prefer to use console because it's faster and i don't want to spend too much power just to load X Window where i could do the process in terminal.

First, I upgraded the kernel-headers package and then i compile the kernel from the source (vanilla). It took me about 20-30 minutes to finish the compilation (including reboot and installing NVidia driver again). Lucky me, the battery was full, so i could do some testing after installing the new kernel.

So my laptop is fully sync with -Current, except that i used custom kernel rather than using Slackware's default kernel stock. Next will be upgrading my desktop system big grin

Popular posts from this blog

Python 3.6.0 in SBo 14.2 repository

NVidia Legacy Unix Driver Update

Security Update: Thunderbird, Seamonkey, libpng, python, samba