Saturday, September 1, 2007

Upgraded to

I have just finished upgrading my kernel to the latest -Stable kernel, I left the process for a while, since i went to the book store with my friend and when i came home, all i had to do was executing make modules_install to install the kernel modules and then do the rest (edit lilo, re-ran lilo, making symlink, etc).

I had one problem after i upgrade the kernel, which was related to USB. I tried to delete a directory recursively using rm -Rf command at my portable HD, but i get a message that the system was a read-only system. I was surprised, since usually (before the upgrade), i never had problem doing this. I thought it was related to the code in, but apparently, it was a data corruption problem. When i looked at the content of directory, some files has 0 bytes on the size and thus i got this message on dmesg when it tried to delete those files:

FAT: Filesystem panic (dev sda1)
fat_free_clusters: deleting FAT entry beyond EOF
File system has been set read-only

I don't know what to do, so for now, i won't delete just in case introduce a regression bug which involve something i need in my daily activities.