NVidia Driver Solved

Since installing Slackware on my desktop, i have been trying to install NVidia driver on it, but it always ended badly. I tried to use the 100.x.y version, but the driver is not supporting old VGA cards, which means i have to use the legacy systems. SO i tried to use 1.0-9631 (the driver that works on my laptop) and the installation was successful, but when i logged in to KDE, the fonts were miserable. It was very huge, making the desktop unusable, so i changed the xorg.conf to use nv rather nvidia to use NVidia driver supported by the kernels (without 3D acceleration).

Today, i tried to use another legacy driver, 1.0-7185 and finally it worked. I can logged in to my KDE and the desktop is still normal. Perhaps it's because i'm using an old VGA Card (GeForce 4 MX i guess). Actually i don't need it badly, since i'm not a gamer and i rarely watched movies from CDs. I used to watch movies by streaming via Internet. Well, finally it has been solved.

Popular posts from this blog

Python 3.6.0 in SBo 14.2 repository

NVidia Legacy Unix Driver Update

Security Update: Thunderbird, Seamonkey, libpng, python, samba