Kernel 2.6.22 Released

Finally, i have been waiting for this release since i want to compile a vanilla kernel from source for my Slackware. I have some problem with the huge kernels included in the default installation since it cannot detect my soundcard and ethernet card. Probably changing to generic will solve it, but as i already used to compile kernels, it would be better if i try out the latest kernel also (fresh from the oven).

What i don't understand is this text from Linus:
Woo-hoo. I'm sure somebody will report a "this doesn't compile, and I have a new root exploit" five minutes after release, but it still feels good ;)
i'm pretty sure that Linus wouldn't release a buggy kernel as it's being used by lots of people around the world big grin

Popular posts from this blog

NVidia Legacy Unix Driver Update

Python 3.6.0 in SBo 14.2 repository

Security Update: Thunderbird, Seamonkey, libpng, python, samba