Monday, July 9, 2007

Everything Back to Normal

So after i download the latest kernel, 2.6.22, i compiled it on my new Slackware on my desktop and after i reboot, everything works normal again (my sound card and ethernet are detected again). This is a great step and i'm starting to configure my desktop to have the configuration as my laptop does, so i'm installing applications that i will need in the present and future. I start with the most common application, such as Firefox,, Adobe Acrobat, Mplayer (Thanks to Alien's package) and also doing some cosmetics (changing the icons, adding new splash screen, modifying shortcuts in KDE, etc). I know this is not a one day activities, so i think i should stop now or i won't be sleeping since playing with Linux, mostly Slackware (for me) is a very interesting activities heheh