Monday, September 11, 2006

Fixing Bugs in Libraries

Pat has updated the -current changelog once again with relatively small changes. He made a symlink for a new module-init-tools package which will link to the former modprobe.conf if it didn't find any etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf file. I think i will need to install this package as well, as i'm still using Piter Punk's package which still use the old location. I hope this package will not break my system as it was in my previous tries (that's why i'm sticking with Piter Punk's package as it worked for me).

Pat has also update the libmtp and libnjb for udev and hotplug support. I think i will have to upgrade to this version also :)

By the way, here's the latest changelog:
Mon Sep 11 02:10:19 CDT 2006
a/module-init-tools-3.2.2-i486-2.tgz: In /etc/modprobe.d/, if there's no /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf file, try to make a link to ../modprobe.conf. This will retain legacy support for existing /etc/modprobe.conf files. Thanks very much to Ivan Kalvatchev for persisting with this bug report until I finally saw the light of day. :-)

l/libmtp-0.0.16-i486-2.tgz: Fixed hotplug and udev support. Thanks to Carlos Corbacho for the help on this -- I knew it wasn't working yet and was hoping someone would step up. Wow, that was fast!

l/libnjb-2.2.5-i486-2.tgz: Fixed hotplug and udev support. Again, thanks to Carlos Corbacho. Now my NJB3 works. :-) Anyone have and yea/nay feedback on libgpod and amaroK?