What can you get on this build release?
- Enabled Basic Authentication for proxies
- Webcams are now supported for video-streaming during meetings
- Instead of four different RPM-packages one single package for all RPM-based distributions
(RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, SUSE)
- TeamViewer can now be installed on Multiarch systems (Debian 7, 64-bit)
- Fixed issues during the installation of TeamViewer
- Fixed some issues where the TeamViewer daemon did not start automatically after system bootup
- Fixed issues with incoming and LAN connections
- Various other minor fixes and improvements
What are the highlights of TeamViewer 8?
- Session handover from one expert to another
Invite a colleague to an active remote control session to resolve a support case together. If necessary, you can hand over the session completely.
- Comment on sessions for billing documentation
Enter your comments immediately after closing the remote control session. In your TeamViewer Management Console you will find all the information clearly documented, e.g. for billing. Platform-comprehensive for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android.
- Share selected groups with other TeamViewer accounts
Do you provide service to your clients together with colleagues? Now it is easy to share individual groups on your computers & contacts list with the team, so that your colleagues have quick access on shared client computers. Read or write permissions can be set individually.
- Session recording, including sound and video for perfect documentation
Record both, online meetings and remote control sessions, including sound (only sound from Windows computers), VoIP, and videos. Ideal for proofs and training in the near and distant future.
- Remote account logout
View current logins to your TeamViewer account in the TeamViewer Management Console. Close them later if you happen to have forgotten to log out of your account when having worked on another device.
- Automatically log out of operating systems (Windows, Mac) after remote access
The remote computer is automatically locked instantly if the connection is closed or interrupted. This ensures that no one gains unintended access to the Mac or Windows computer you were just connected to.
- The TeamViewer 8 full version will have a daemon (service)
The daemon will be installed automatically when installing the Linux version. With the daemon for Linux it is now possible to connect to a Linux computer on the login screen (when no user is signed in).
Completely new: The TeamViewer Management Console
- web-based administration of your entire support team
- integrated TeamViewer Web Connector
- expanded TeamViewer Manager features
Licenses, Updates and Backward Compatibility
- TeamViewer 8 users can still establish remote control connections with TeamViewer 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
- For technical and licensing reasons, a remote control connection in the other direction, i.e., from TeamViewer 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 to TeamViewer 8, is not possible. Meetings with version 8 are also accessible for participants with version 7, however, vice versa it is not possible due to the mentioned reasons.
Go get them on my SlackHacks because i'm in process of submitting this to SBo project.